How can my business be more successful?
Is 'success' maintaining market share and customer base or achieving aggressive growth targets?
Can this kind of success be reconciled with a values-based business approach?
Business Futures is an alliance of a number of Dorset based organisations whose purpose is to promote sustainable economic development, within environmental constraints.
On 3rd October we are bringing together businesses from Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole to explore these questions. CarbonSense will also introduce ‘Picture of Success’ – a project supported by a number of high profile UK businesses that suggests a wider meaning for “success” and which uses the Earth Charter as a guiding tool.
We will learn from the experiences of local companies, who have been exploring, with specialist consultancy CarbonSense, the challenges of bringing into their business a broader values-based approach based on the Earth Charter:
- Green House Hotel: Why ‘greening’ a hotel is good for business
- WDS: Setting up a community action team in a hi-tech service business
- Sembcorp Bournemouth Water: Re-defining a Business Conduct and Ethics Policy
- Yellow Buses: Integrating sustainable thinking into a transport business
CarbonSense will also introduce ‘Pictures of Success’ – a project supported by a number of high profile UK businesses that suggests a wider meaning for 'success' and which uses the Earth Charter as a guiding tool.
These insights will then form the input for the participants in working groups to address the questions:
- What opportunities could this create for my organisation?
- What expertise, support and resources would I need from outside my organisation to capitalise on these opportunities?
- What are the main issues and blocks that get in the way of redefining 'success'?
This will be Business learning from Business, with our organisations creating the necessary framework to support where possible the emerging initiatives.
This workshop will be the first in a series of initiatives to support local business in their drive for sustained economic development.
The event will start at 14:30 but will be preceded by networking over a locally-sourced buffet lunch at 13:30. To save food wastage please advise if you will attend the lunch.
To participate please reserve your place. Select the appropriate option from the pull-down menu:
- Business Futures' Guests (personal invite): FREE
- Participants: £50